Tuesday, May 19, 2015

நாளொரு பக்கம் 21

 நாளொரு பக்கம் 21

Tuesday,the 17th March 2015
“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.” 


Mahatma Gandhi spoke direct. His words convey what they intend. We will gain immeasurably by not reading in between the lines.

Mahatma and his arch-adversary Sir Winston Churchill had the same approach to life and death, as laid down in the first quote. During the War, he left instructions that he was to be woken only for bad news, having gone to bed, saying , ‘Damn it all’! The War was over, Germany having surrendered. He was sleeping. They told him only when he woke up. As to Mahatma, Kingsley Martin says that the whole world was waiting for  the Quit India Proclamation with bated breath, and the Mahtma was curled up and was sleeping like an infant.
As to dreams, all of us dream and agree with him.
Thinking is nothing, but a reflection of one’s dreams in the broadest sense of the term.
Mahatma Gandhi is our Marga Bhandu in more ways than one.

=x=

சித்திரத்துக்கு நன்றி: http://www.verybestquotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Mahatma-Gandhi-Quotes-Each-night-when-I-go-to-sleep-I-die.-And-the-next-morning-when-I-wake-up-I-am-reborn..jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment